Last updated March 13th 4:20 pm
Orion Township Parks and Recreation is continuing to monitor the COVID-19 situation and is committed to act in the best interest of our Township. To help mitigate the spread of the COVID-19 virus in our community the following measures are effective today (Friday, March 13):
Orion Township Parks and Recreation has cancelled all programs, classes and events until April 5th.
This includes the Exercise Room and all Senior Clubs.
The Orion Center operating hours will be Monday-Friday 8:30 am-4:30 pm. There will be no evening hours through April 5th.
All classes or events that have a fee will be credited to your account for the dates that are missed. The Orion Center will remain open for essential services only. Registration can be completed over the phone at 248.391.0304 x3500 or online at www.orionparks.com.
This action is being taken in response to coronavirus (COVID-19). Governor Whitmer recommends large gatherings of more than 100 people be cancelled or postponed. Please check the Orion Parks website and Facebook Page for updates.
We thank you for your understanding and corporation in this time.
Last updated March 12, 2020 4:09 pm
As we work to stay current and respond appropriately to the continually evolving (COVID-19) Coronavirus situation occurring across the nation, and now in Oakland County, the Orion Township Parks & Recreation Department recognizes that residents will be thinking about steps they can take to minimize the risk of exposure for themselves and family members, and may wish to avoid group settings whenever possible. As such, the department is temporarily making adjustments to some of its programming policies.
- We encourage anyone that may have potentially been exposed to the Coronavirus or are experiencing symptoms of the virus to abstain from participating in any of our programs and to refrain from attending any of our recreation facilities.
- We specifically ask that potentially exposed people avoid the Orion Center to limit exposure for our high-risk populations.
- We will provide refunds to anyone wishing to cancel their program registrations for programs scheduled for the months of March and April.
- We will offer refunds or reschedule reservations for facility rentals that have been scheduled for March or April (rescheduling is subject to availability). We understand people may delay making decisions to cancel a registration; however advance notice will assist us in knowing if we need to cancel a program and to ensure we are properly staffed.
- Some programs may be cancelled by the Parks & Recreation department to ensure the safety of everyone. Special considerations are being made for our programs that may serve high-risk populations. Decisions will be made on a program-by-program basis and refunds will be issued.
We are encouraging everyone to stay current with information and to follow recommendations from the Center for Disease Control and Prevention and other public health organizations. Below are some resources for you to reference:
Center for Disease Control and Prevention
State of Michigan
Please stay tuned to our Facebook page and website for updated information.
If you have any questions, please contact us at 248-391-0304 ext. 3500 or firstname.lastname@example.org